This recipe is highly nutritious and will keep you feeling full for longer, which may help you resist snacking after dinner.
This recipe is low in saturated fat, sodium and sugar, and is a good source of protein.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 700g chuck or casserole steaks cut each in half
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large carrots or 3 med sized, cut into chunks
- 3 celery stalks, washed and diced
- 4 short cut bacon, diced
- 1 chorizo sausage, diced
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 8 sage leaves
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 can tomatoes, diced or crushed
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Lots of cracked pepper
- 2 tsp. cornflour mixed with ¼ cup cold water
- 400g Rigatoni
- After you have cut your meat in half with most of the fat trimmed, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot (or we used a slow cooker which sears) and brown meat on both sides, approx. 1 minute each side, take out place on plate and set aside until ready.
- Heat the other tbsp. olive oil and cook onion for 10 mins or until softened.
- Now add diced bacon and chorizo sausage, cook a further 5 mins.
- Now add garlic, cook a further 1 min.Carrots and celery can now be added to the pan.
- Deglaze pan with red wine, scraping any leftover bit on the bottom. Let the wine reduce down until nearly all gone. Now add the stock, keep stirring, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Now add the bay leaves, rosemary, sage leaves, pepper, tomatoes, paste, sugar, vinegar and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Add the meat back into pot, making sure it is emerged into the liquid.
- On lowest heat simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After this time pull out the meat onto a plate. Grab a fork and tongs and pull the meat apart. Place meat back into pot and simmer a further 20 mins.
- Boil your rigatoni, as per instructions.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, incorporate your cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Once pasta is cooked place in a large bowl or plate, pour the ragu over top.
- Option to add parmesan cheese over top.
Servings: 6 Serving size:604g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2510 kJ||416 kJ|
|600 Cal||99 Cal|
|Protein||49.9 g||8.3 g|
|Fat, total||28.3 g||4.7 g|
|- Saturated||9.3 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.9 g||5.0 g|
|- Sugars||12.3 g||2.0 g|
|Sodium||567 mg||94 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.